[erlang-questions] Erlang development workflow

Frank Hunleth fhunleth@REDACTED
Sat Mar 3 22:32:02 CET 2012

I was wondering if anyone could share ideas or experiences on their
Erlang workflow especially for when the development machine is not the
best test machine. My situation is that I am running Erlang on an
embedded ARM that has Ethernet and decent DRAM and local storage. I
can do some development on my PC, but there's special hardware
attached to the ARM that my code needs to control sometimes. It would
really be nice if I could have an efficient workflow that lets me
develop on the PC and run on the ARM with the minimum number of manual
steps between editing and testing. I'm coming to Erlang from an
embedded C/C++ background. At the moment, my process is not much
better than what I'm used to. It seems like there are many potential
options, and I'm not sure what the best route is.

Thanks,
Frank