[erlang-questions] TDD, Erlang and Emacs

Jayson Barley jayson.barley@REDACTED
Fri Mar 2 00:24:31 CET 2012

I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a smoother TDD
experience with Erlang and Emacs. I am finding the process to be less than
optimal. The way I am doing it now is that I have 3 windows open.

   1. In my test module I write my test
   2. Switch to the Erlang buffer
   3. Run my tests, see that it fails
   4. Switch to the module under test buffer, write code to get the test to
   pass
   5. Switch back to the Erlang buffer, run my tests again
   6. Switch back to the test buffer and repeat.

Ideally I would like to have 2 windows open, 1 for the module under test
and the other for the test window. From the module under test buffer or the
test module I should be able to run the tests, see that they pass or fail
and then move on.I have been considering writing an plugin to handle this
functionality for me. Before I go that route I want to make sure I am not
duplicating what someone else has already done.

Does anyone have any recommendations for how to do this better?