[erlang-questions] Non-Erlang dependencies

dva.traktorista@gmail.com dva.traktorista@REDACTED
Thu Jun 28 10:10:08 CEST 2012

I prefer to have a shell script that builds non-Erlang project environment and believe that most do so.
In my opinion - having deps in one's repo is a bad practice.

----- Reply message -----
From: "Loïc Hoguin" <essen@REDACTED>
Date: Thu, Jun 28, 2012 11:00
Subject: [erlang-questions] Non-Erlang dependencies
To: "Erlang Users' List" <erlang-questions@REDACTED>

Hey,

I was wondering how you guys currently handle non-Erlang project
dependencies, with regards to simple development but also releases handling.

For example if you are writing a web application you are certainly going
to depend on something like jquery+bootstrap. Do you simply put them in
your own repos? Can't use rebar for this (yet) but maybe you use a nifty
trick?

Another example would be a C application that you communicate with
through ports.

Any feedback welcome, thanks.

--
Loïc Hoguin