[erlang-questions] Parameterized module initialization

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Wed Jun 27 02:40:02 CEST 2012

On 27/06/2012, at 5:33 AM, Andrew Berman wrote:

> I'd also like to know why there are "hidden" features of Erlang in the first place.

Because it isn't dead.  New ideas get tried, and sane designers don't take it
for granted that their precious new idea is going to be right first time.
So initial implementations get short-cuts so that people can get some
experience with a new feature before designing and documenting the Real Thing.

Strictly speaking, in this case it isn't the *feature* (parameterised modules)
that is hidden but the *implementation* of that feature.