[erlang-questions] [ANN] CloudI 1.0.0 Released with Load Tests

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Mon Jun 25 03:27:03 CEST 2012

Download 1.0.0 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloudi/files/latest/download

CloudI (http://cloudi.org) development has reached a successful beta, after some testing, fixes and release candidates.  If you find any lingering issues or improvements, please report them.  I have done some load tests as part of the 1.0.0 release so that the performance characteristics are more transparent, as an open source project.

The load tests test a scenario with incoming HTTP traffic exercising the supported programming languages independently, when each programming language is given a single OS process with no threads (in the case of Erlang, it is a single Erlang process).  I understand that people like to minimize load testing because they do not feel it is applicable to their unique software stack, but I definitely see establishing a baseline for performance as critical, for further improvements.  The nature of this particular set of load tests provides a view of the relative response rates coming from separate programming languages with the same dynamic XML requests (over HTTP).  If you want to find out more about the load tests, you can look at http://cloudi.org/faq.html#5_LoadTesting or within the release in src/tests/http_req/loadtest/results/201206_20k/.

Thanks,
Michael