[erlang-questions] EUnit so freakishly silent. Talk to me. Maybe?

Ignas Vyšniauskas baliulia@REDACTED
Fri Jun 22 08:09:28 CEST 2012

On 2012.06.21 16:47, Alex Shneyderman wrote:
> This is all I am getting out of EUnit on one of a series of test
> exeuctions:
>
> undefined

I've noticed that this is the return value if your test times out,
although it usually prints *timed out* as well, as far as I remember.

> How does one decipher this? I understand that something was called
> with some arguments that do not match some function in the thread of
> execution. But where are my stack traces that led to this?

Not necessarily, that would usually be badarg or function_clause or
*undef*[1].

> I am actually fed up with EUnit enough that I am on a verge of
> dumping it. Can anyone suggest a better tool for unit test (not
> integration, not functional - I just want my unit testing tool that I
> do not have to strangle for information)?

EUnit is actually really good, don't give up on it :-)
As Michael suggested you can either build Erlang with the patched EUnit
version, or you can try using CT, but I don't think you'll find the
transition very pleasant.

Ignas

[1]: http://www.erlang.org/doc/reference_manual/errors.html#id81672