[erlang-questions] Automatic nodes discovering

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Sun Jun 17 17:56:44 CEST 2012

On 06/07/2012 04:06 AM, Maxim Treskin wrote:
> How I can make automatically discovering new nodes in cluster? When new node started up it is not listed in output of nodes() on other nodes without explicit ping of them. There is way to do this using RabbitMQ or ZeroMQ, but it is some redundant. Yet another way is ping of one known node in cluster, but it is constrained by nodes startup order.
>
> May be some interaction with epmd can helps?

I think a project which should help you is nodefinder (http://code.google.com/p/nodefinder/) .
I haven't used it yet, but it seems like the best option for doing automatic discovery that also works in ec2, and it is done by the Dukes of Erl, so it should be decent.

- Michael