[erlang-questions] The Trinity: ERTS, Emulator, Shell

Avinash Dhumane avinash@REDACTED
Sun Jun 10 07:17:45 CEST 2012

Of course, that's where I came from.

Not that I couldn't employ those options to work fruitfully for the
immediate tasks at hand (towards this end, the online Erlang documentation
is adequately equipped) but I am trying to get through them into the
machinery that stands behind them - what that machinery is, how it works,
and the most importantly, why it is like what it is. This understanding is
indispensable for my self-adaption to Erlang for solving customers'
problems. I guess every programmer-to-be (at various levels) of Erlang
will have this need.

Right now, we have Joe's thesis at one end of the continuum and the (open)
source code at the end. The 3 books are very good (and I have them all)
but the desire to know, understand and apply is insatiable! :-)