[erlang-questions] Mnesia Won't Start

Gordon Guthrie gordon@REDACTED
Sun Jun 10 00:35:01 CEST 2012

Folks

I have a problem restarting mnesia - it is hanging on loading a
particular table.

I start it with -mnesia debug debug and it works through the tables
until it gets to one:

Mnesia('hnlive@REDACTED'): Getting table
'pk46.tiny.hn&80&item' (disc_copies) from disc: local_only
Mnesia('hnlive@REDACTED'): Getting table
'pk46.tiny.hn&80&kvstore' (disc_only_copies) from disc: local_only
Mnesia('hnlive@REDACTED'): Getting table
'pk46.tiny.hn&80&local_obj' (disc_copies) from disc: local_only

At this point CPU goes to 100% and it just hangs.

The table is quite large with 3 secondary indices on it.

The table is running on a single node.

I don't really know how to progress here - any thoughts appreciated.

Gordon