[erlang-questions] Trouble with 'make docs'

Richard O'Keefe <>
Fri Jun 8 03:21:04 CEST 2012


The setup we are talking about is
Erlang R15B01 downloaded yesterday,
FOP 1.0 downloaded yesterday,
nothing changed whatever,
Mac OS X 10.6.8.

I looked at one of the generated PDFs,
erl-interface-3.7.7.pdf

The sources contain (in ei.xml) stuff
like
    <func>
      <name><ret>int</ret><nametext>ei_encode_ulong(char *buf, int *index, unsig
ned long p)</nametext></name>
      <name><ret>int</ret><nametext>ei_x_encode_ulong(ei_x_buff* x, unsigned lon
g p)</nametext></name>
      <fsummary>Encode unsigned integer</fsummary>

The PDF contains stuff that looks like

intei_encode_ulong(char *buf, int *index, unsigned long p)
intei_x_encode_ulong(ei_x_buff* x, unsigned long p)

In no case do I see a space generated between <ret> and <nametext>.

I did notice that

ei_reg *ei_reg_open(size)

looked OK, but that's because the space is inside the <ret>.
(I don't understand why some functions in this PDF have their
types inside the <nametext> and some don't; still less do I
understand why the same tag is used in both cases.)

I'm seeing exactly the same issue in the man pages.
For example,

.LP
.B
voidei_set_compat_rel(release_number)
.br
.RS

in ei.3

This suggests a bug somewhere in the XSLT, but I've found XSLT both
_amazingly_ bulky (XSLT source : equivalent Scheme source :: 12 : 1)
and about as readable as TECO, so at this point I give up.





More information about the erlang-questions mailing list