[erlang-questions] Erlang and the TDS protocol

CGS cgsmcmlxxv@REDACTED
Thu Jun 7 15:31:46 CEST 2012

Hi Marcel,

I suppose the reason for using C wrappers is coming from the compatibility
with the native language in which that particular SQL application is
developed.

I do agree that a solution based on TCP server would be at least more
readable and maybe more suitable for clustering SQL servers. Nevertheless,
that's the choice of developers. Speaking for myself only, I would go with
your option because I see no downfall to that and it would provide a less
dependable interface.

This is my 2c opinion. If someone has a better explanation/suggestion,
please, by all means, correct me.

CGS