[erlang-questions] FOP (was: Re: Trace-Driven Development)

Michael Turner michael.eugene.turner@REDACTED
Thu Jun 7 13:41:16 CEST 2012

I'll admit that what I wrote below is not quite fair. It could take
longer to make a small change to a wiki, starting from scratch.
Depending on access control policies, I might even have to wait a day
for a human being to process my request to become an editor for a
wiki, if that's how the administrator qualifies people.

I've suggested one heuristic for automated approval that's still a
reasonable fine - and tunable - filter: require an e-mail address,
match it against contributions to this mailing list, and only do an
automatic grant if the time between the first contribution and the
most recent one is above some threshold. Others are possible.

Some wiki packages allow you to submit one or more changes along with
an application for editorship. The changes will be approved and made
to the article after you've been approved as an editor; all your
changes after that point will be immediate.

At any rate, any wiki and any wiki administrative policy would mean
less time and less to learn, for people who want to make simple
changes. Github itself hosts wikis about repositories, and I'm sure at
least some of them are useful. I hope I'm not preaching to a choir
here about the virtues of wikis, but from Joe's and Richard's

-michael turner