[erlang-questions] What is the best way to parse complex erlang terms in port drivers?

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Thu Jun 7 09:30:19 CEST 2012

On 06/07/2012 12:19 AM, Zhemzhitsky Sergey wrote:
>>> Why was it hard to see in the documentation?
> As I'm kinda a newbie at erlang I understand your indignation. I supposed there should be some best practices and of cause I don't know them for now.
>
> The question was asked first of all because there are a lot of samples which use different approaches to parse erlang terms and I'd like to know the best one from the point of view of source code maintainability and simplicity.
> I'm also interested in not only mentioned approaches but in the alternative ones.
It seems like the eterm interface is the older/slower interface, and the ei interface is the newer/faster interface (where you have better control over memory usage).  That is just based on experience, and is unlikely to be found in the documentation.

- Michael