[erlang-questions] cowboy Accept header, rest module

Daniel Goertzen <>
Wed Jun 6 17:35:16 CEST 2012

I have 2 cowboy questions:

1. I am trying to parse the Accept header using...

   cowboy_http_req:parse_header('Accept', Req)

The raw header is...

*and the output is ...*

What do all the parts of the tuple mean? (it is mainly the number that is
piquing my curiosity)

2. I am looking to make a restful web interface using cowboy.  The basic
cowboy_http_protocol module with its dispatch table seems very nice for
this, and along with its request parsing I have difficulty imagining what
more I could need.  What does the cowboy_http_rest module buy you?  Note
that this is my first web interface in any language and I had trouble
penetrating the webmachine documentation (I suspect knowing nothing about
mochiweb is causing problems for me).