[erlang-questions] FOP (was: Re: Trace-Driven Development)

Michael Turner michael.eugene.turner@REDACTED
Tue Jun 5 17:30:38 CEST 2012

Right you are, Tuncer. IIRC, I had to do some surgery on the build
scripts to circumvent FOP, since I was trying to build in a server
environment. I don't remember any obvious command-line option for
getting around it. Maybe things are better now. At the time, it seemed
a needless complication for those of us who have been (and perhaps
still could be) motivated to improve the documentation.

But really: just give me a wiki. Give everybody a wiki. Write scripts
to update the repo from the wiki diffs, if that's so important.
Generally, lower the bar for entry, for those who want to improve the
documentation, and the documentation *will* improve. (Yes, there's
such a thing as too low; I've policed wikis for spam, it can get
tedious. But there are well-known, easily implemented policies that
prevent 99.9% of that kind of thing.)

-michael turner