[erlang-questions] deriving boot scripts from a running system

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Mon Jun 4 14:53:07 CEST 2012

I made a small addition to my setup [1] application, which allows you to 'save' a release based on a running system.

This is partly a logical consequence of the reload_app/1 function, which allows you to upgrade individual applications easily. For it to be complete, some more interaction with the release_handler would be needed (mainly, support for release_handler:make_permanent(), which I haven't tested yet).

A wiki page illustrating the function can be found here:
https://github.com/uwiger/setup/wiki/Example:-generating-boot-scripts-from-a-running-system

Comments and complementary ideas are welcome.

BR,
Ulf W

[1] http://github.com/uwiger/setup

Ulf Wiger, Co-founder & Developer Advocate, Feuerlabs Inc.
http://feuerlabs.com