[erlang-questions] unanswered beginner questions in the list

Thomas Elsgaard <>
Fri Jun 1 21:53:09 CEST 2012

> Hi,
> We had an interesting discussion at the EUC.
> One relatively new user observed that several new converts to Erlang
> had asked questions in this
> list and not gotten a reply.
> I took a quick look at the list statistics and indeed this it true.
> What usually happens is - I read the list every day and see a lot of
> questions that I know
> how to answer - but I don't immediately answer.
> The reason for this is that a) I haven't time and b)  I hope somebody
> else will answer
> and then I won't need to.
> I think it would be a good idea if those of us who might qualify as being
> "knowledgeable persons" could take the trouble to occasionally answer
>  questions from apparent beginners that have not been answered.
Hi Joe and everybody else..

I will just add, that the extremely helpfull community around erlang was
one of the main reasons for why i have sticked around since i participated
in my first EUC in 2005.

The erlang mail list and the community around it is just as important as
the language itself, so keep up the great work!