[erlang-questions] installing erlang documentation

Michel Rijnders g.a.c.rijnders@REDACTED
Tue Jul 31 21:01:58 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 8:13 PM, 7stud <7stud@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I successfully installed Erlang on Mac OSX 10.6, after untaring and doing:
>
> ./configure
> make
> sudo make install
>
> and I've been practicing Erlang for a couple of weeks as I read "Erlang Programming".
>
> But I'm having no luck installing the erlang documentation.  I downloaded the binary version of fop and set my JAVA_HOME environment variable to /Library/Java/Home, and I can successfully echo $JAVA_HOME, but the fop command is not recognized on the command line:
>
> -bash: fop: command not found
>
> so I assume that means that the elrang installation can't use the fop command to install the documentation either.  At this point, I don't know what to do.

You probably know this, but just to be sure, both HTML documentation
and man pages are available as separate downloads from:
http://www.erlang.org/download.html

> $ java -version
> java version "1.6.0_15"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_15-b03-219)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.1-b02-90, mixed mode)
> $

My other car is a cdr.