[erlang-questions] Process migration/ Process state extraction/ injection

Motiejus Jakštys desired.mta@REDACTED
Tue Jul 31 19:55:13 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 02:29:45PM +0200, Tyron Zerafa wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>    Does Erlang support process migration? Meaning, is there a way in which
> I can stop a running process (A) on one node and resume it on another
> completely different node?
> If this is not supported, one way to go around it is to extract the process
> state before suspending it and somehow inject it into the new process on
> the remote node. Does Erlang provide such functionality?
>
> Any tips and suggestions on how one can extract/ inject the process state
> from/ into processes?

Hi,

there is no easy general way to do it. But, if you said what exactly you
are trying to achieve, there might be an other, unexpected, easy way to
do what you want.

If you gave us a higher-level description, we might help you better.

Motiejus