[erlang-questions] [erlang-bugs] Recursive Heap Allocation

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Thu Jul 26 01:20:49 CEST 2012

There is limited flow-control. An io request is sent to an io-server, in this case the default io-server group.erl. The function called by the user waits for a reply from the io-server. The io-server processes the output call, in this case the formatted output, sends it to the port and then replies back to the calling function/process. It does not wait until the output has been sent all the way to user so it can definitely overload the io output.

Robert