[erlang-questions] How can I debug this?

Ian hobson42@REDACTED
Wed Jul 25 11:49:29 CEST 2012

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply!

On 25/07/2012 09:25, Joe Armstrong wrote:
> On a unix or mac you just make a file called ".erlang" which is either
> on ${HOME}/.erlang or the directory you start erlang from. I tried to
> do this on windows but I have no evironment variable HOME and I do now
> have write permissions under Program Files (or whatever) (( Actually
> I'd like to keep an up-to-date install guide on the erlang web site so
> if anybody could tell me how to make a .erlang file on windows I would
> be appreciate this
The equivalent of HOME is %USERPROFILE%.

The more tricky problem with the windows install was that the install
script does not change the path variable. I guess because there might be
more than one version of erlang installed.  The more satisfactory
solution is to add the <install location>/bin to the path.
Setting up a erl.bat and .werl.bat files is not enough because escript
remains broken, and that leads to further problems.

> )) Once we know how to make a .erlang file I can fill in the details
> of how to get your boss example running. Just keep mailing back to
> this thread every time you have a problem and we'll get it fixed.
> Cheers /Joe
Thanks for the offer. I'll try not to waste people's time.

Ian