[erlang-questions] How can I debug this?

Ian hobson42@REDACTED
Fri Jul 20 16:05:20 CEST 2012

Hi All,

I am attempting to work through the Chicago Boss quickstart tutorial at
https://github.com/evanmiller/ChicagoBoss/wiki/Quickstart

I am using Windows 7 - 64 bit, and the R15B release of Erlang.  New to
Erlang.

First a minor bug - I think I installed the 32 bit version, removed it,
and installed the 64 bit version.  Then I discovered that the 64 bit
version's bin directory is C:\Program Files\erl5.9.1\bin but the
directory in the path was C:\Program Files (x86)\erl5.9.1\bin. That was
why nothing worked.

After that was corrected, I created the project and set up the file in
Step 4, before starting the server with start-server.bat. The werl
window flashed up an error message for a second or so - and vanished
before I could read it!

A few tries later I was able to catch it in a screen dump. The error
message was:

{"init terminating in
do_boot",{undef,[{boss,start,[],[],{init,start_it,1,[{file
,"init.erl"},[line,1041}]},{init,start_em,1,[{file,"init.erl"},{line,1022}]}]}}

(copied by hand)

I know this means the server did not start up. But why, and what have I
done wrong/missed out? I have not found a init.erl file.

My project is called erlian and is in d:\erlian . The file
D:\erlian\src\controller\erlian_greeting_controller.erl
contains:

-module(erlian_greeting_controller, [Req]).
-compile(export_all).

hello('GET', []) ->
     {output, "<strong>Erlian says hello!</strong>"}.

(copy/pasted)

Help much appreciated.

Ian