[erlang-questions] Mochiwebsockets was Re: Long polling

Gleb Peregud gleber.p@REDACTED
Fri Jul 20 09:16:50 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 9:11 AM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:
> Why? I don't see any reason why SockJS would have better latency.

Because many browsers doesn't support websockets and because streaming
transports (xhrstreaming, htmlfile streaming, eventsource streaming,
etc.) have better latency than long polling trasnport.

> And for cross-domain, it's just a matter of sending one header.

Because it works only in most recent browser. It doesn't work for most
older browsers, which are, unfortunately, still in use.

Bullet is useless in cross-domain setup in very many browsers, which
doesn't have cross domain xhr request support.