[erlang-questions] SSH SCP

JD Bothma jbothma@REDACTED
Wed Jul 18 20:01:21 CEST 2012

It sounds like ssh_cli is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing
:) http://www.erlang.org/documentation/doc-5.6/lib/ssh-0.9.9.3/doc/html/ssh_cli.html
executing it as an erlang term, since it provides the erlang shell via
ssh.

I guess you should implement your own shell module according to the
instructions (somewhere around the erlang ssh module set docs) and
execute the command given by the client (I guess scp -t path) with
open_port or whatever it was.

Following that, I imagine the scp client starts sending data and at a
guess you should forward the data to stdin of your scp os process on
the server side.

If you google a bit I think you'll find an example ssh shell module
implementation, or you can just look at the ssh_cli sources.

If you get this working it'd be cool if you made it available, I'm
sure others have wanted to do this too!

Hope that's reasonably correct and helpful :)

JD