[erlang-questions] Selective receive optimization for NIFs

Paul Davis paul.joseph.davis@REDACTED
Fri Jul 13 20:29:36 CEST 2012

Just to round this off I've managed to hack in the recv_set/recv_mark
instructions by editing the Erlang assembler output by hand and then
building the beam from there.

The basic steps are:

    1> compile:file("filename.erl", 'S').
    % Edit filename.S to add recv_set/recv_mark instructions
    2> compile:file("filename.S", [asm, no_postopt]).

Obviously this is horribly dangerous for a whole host of reasons but
it'll work for the short term. At some point I'll have to try diving
into the compiler code again to see if I can't figure out how to make
this work automatically.