[erlang-questions] Improve performance of IO bounded server written in Erlang via having pollset for each scheduler and bind port to scheduler together with process

Wei Cao cyg.cao@REDACTED
Fri Jul 13 04:10:49 CEST 2012

I think periodly calls to erts_deliver_time() is necessary.Because at
first I tried to comment out the call to erts_deliver_time() from
erts_check_io(), it would cause erlang VM hang out.

erts_deliver_time() does more than  erts_time_remaining(), it updates
a clock counter named do_time which is used inside timer wheel.

--

Best,

Wei Cao