[erlang-questions] specs for fixed length lists

Erik Søe Sørensen eriksoe@REDACTED
Tue Jul 10 01:50:03 CEST 2012

Using setelement is a bad idea, at least unless the tuples are very small:
the cost in time and allocation is n^2.
A better scaling approach is to use tuple_to_list + map + list_to_tuple;
that should be linear, and my guess is that it'd be faster even for small
tuple sizes.
(For the actual n=4 case, I don't know which is better; must  measure...)
/Erik