[erlang-questions] specs for fixed length lists

Tony Rogvall tony@REDACTED
Sun Jul 8 21:54:04 CEST 2012

On 8 jul 2012, at 21:50, Richard Carlsson wrote:

> On 07/08/2012 11:48 AM, Tony Rogvall wrote:
>> BTW
>> The 1+1 = 2 example was totally silly in my opinion.
>
> I was just trying to make the point that in the type notation, the elements of a list are the union of all possible types of elements that can occur anywhere in the list. This discards all information about how many elements there may be in a list, and in which order. In that way, it's exactly like how e.g. "3" may represent any and all of "1+2", "2+1", "1+1+1", and "3".

Point taken!
But I was totally out of context :-)
Sorry about that.

/Tony

>    /Richard

"Installing applications can lead to corruption over time. Applications gradually write over each other's libraries, partial upgrades occur, user and system errors happen, and minute changes may be unnoticeable and difficult to fix"