[erlang-questions] What is the best location to place common type specs?

Max Bourinov <>
Fri Jul 6 23:08:34 CEST 2012

Hi Sergey,

Dedicated module that holds types is your friend.

Sent from my iPhone

On 05.07.2012, at 16:07, Zhemzhitsky Sergey <>

  Hi guys,

I have multiple .hrl files with multiple records. I'd like to define
separate types for these records and their fields.

These records will be used across multiple modules, and I'm wondering
whether it is legal to define type specs in the hrl files?

Or would it be better to have a separate module with exported common type

Best Regards,

The information contained in this message may be privileged and conf
idential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the original
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon, this information is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to
this message and delete it from your computer. Thank you for your
cooperation. Troika Dialog, Russia.

If you need assistance please contact our Contact Center (+7495) 258 0500
or go to www.troika.ru/eng/Contacts/system.wbp

erlang-questions mailing list