[erlang-questions] How would you do it?

Jesper Louis Andersen <>
Tue Jul 3 10:34:24 CEST 2012

On 7/2/12 9:41 PM, Wojtek Narczyński wrote:
> If this is a 1 vs 1 game, you might be interested in Elo Rating
> system. If it is team vs. team, it gets more complex.
In a modern world of 1v1 games, it is better to use a more complex
ranking system with better results. ELO is designed for
hand-calculation. My Glicko2 code, which is a bayesian ranking
algorithm, is on-line:

Do note that the Volatility root finding in step 5 is not numerically
stable in that code. If you need a stable variant, prod me and I'll push
a later version, which uses another variant of root-finding which has
proven to be stable enough in practice.

Jesper Louis Andersen
   Erlang Solutions Ltd., Copenhagen, DK