[erlang-questions] More on this: simple_one_by_one trouble and rare start_link/2

Siri Hansen erlangsiri@REDACTED
Tue Jul 3 10:01:50 CEST 2012

Hi Angel!

Thanks for pointing out this problem!

While one might agree that the design decision was not very good here, it
is, as Robert points out, a totally backwards incompatible change you wish
to do. And even though simple_one_for_one is not the most used supervisor
type, it is for sure used and it is not an option for us to do such a
change.

However, I do agree that the documentation could be better here, and I will
write a ticket to make sure the issue is not forgotten. As always, a user
contribution might very well make this change happen faster than our own
priorities else would allow :)

Best regards
/siri@REDACTED