[erlang-questions] gproc : 2 nodes out of sync behaviour.

Morgan Segalis msegalis@REDACTED
Sun Jul 1 13:36:11 CEST 2012

Hello everyone,

I have 2 nodes which use gproc.
Both are well connected to each other…
But sometimes (doesn't happen really often, but it does) both server gets disconnected to each other, once their are connected again, gproc is out of sync.

Here's what happen :
1- A is connected to B.
2- a new value X set by A is saw by B
3- a new value Y set by B is saw by A
-------- they get disconnect for a second or two --------
4- Clusters lost connection
-------- they reconnect ----------
5- Clusters regain connection
6- the old value X set by A is not saw anymore by B
7- the old value Y set by B is not saw anymore by B
8- a new value Z set by A is saw by B
9- a new value V set by B is not saw by A

how come in "8" the new value Z set by A is saw by B and in "9" a new value V set by B is not saw by A ?
I know that there is a leader, which is probably B, but I can't explain why new value are not seen symmetrically.
what should I do for reconnecting correctly both cluster, so old value and new value are saw in both cluster again ?