[erlang-questions] Erlang in the browser

Tony Rogvall tony@REDACTED
Tue Jan 31 10:35:23 CET 2012

On my wish list is distributed Erlang over web sockets.
Toss in a built in module for creating and manage HTML DOM elements.

But a web socket "driver" could get us far enough :-)

/Tony

On 31 jan 2012, at 10:28, Max Bourinov wrote:

> That is very cool indeed.
>
> Do you have any use-cases where we can benefit from it in our projects? Would be great to load ur users with some Erlang in their browsers :-)
>
> Best regards,
> Max
>

> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Joe Armstrong <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
> Wow - ultra interesting.
>
> Just out of curiosity - how do you represent lists and tuples in JS?
> Are they represented
> as  native JS objects or as objects on the beam stack and heap? And if
> they are native JS objects what is the storage overhead of a
> list-cell?
>
> /Joe
>

> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 10:14 PM, Fredrik Svahn <fredrik.svahn@REDACTED> wrote:
> > There is also http://svahne.github.com/browserl, a small script which
> > I wrote just for fun.
> >
> > Short version: it is an Erlang emulator in javascript, which can load
> > and run an Erlang/OTP system from a tar file with ordinary beam files.
> > It can also load and execute individual beam files. It will run common
> > test and successfully complete some OTP test suites (the test suites
> > are not loaded in the example page, though). Files, binaries, ets and
> > floats are work in progress, at the moment they are only supported to
> > the extent needed to boot the system and run common test.
> >
> > BR /Fredrik
> >

> > On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 12:47 AM, Raoul Duke <raould@REDACTED> wrote:
> >> wow.

"Installing applications can lead to corruption over time. Applications gradually write over each other's libraries, partial upgrades occur, user and system errors happen, and minute changes may be unnoticeable and difficult to fix"