[erlang-questions] R15B changes erl_driver API

Tony Rogvall tony@REDACTED
Wed Jan 25 14:23:46 CET 2012

Hi I am doing some upgrades of drivers right now. I realized that I sometimes need to be able to
compile on pre R15 so I came up with the following scheme in drv_x.c:

#include "erl_driver.h"

// Hack to handle R15 driver used with pre R15 driver
#if ERL_DRV_EXTENDED_MAJOR_VERSION == 1
typedef int  ErlDrvSizeT;
typedef int  ErlDrvSSizeT;
#endif

Then I re-type x_ctl ...

I think this will work, at least for me ? Or will there be a 1.x that breaks this ?

/Tony

On 25 jan 2012, at 07:17, Alexey Romanov wrote:

> Thank you! I'll try to fix it this or next month, when I have time.
>
> Yours, Alexey Romanov
>

> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Sverker Eriksson
> <sverker@REDACTED> wrote:
>>
>>> You must rebuild it with Erlang R15B to work.
>>>

>> Not just rebuild:
>>
>> http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/erl_driver.html#rewrites_for_64_bits
>>

>> /Sverker, Erlang/OTP

"Installing applications can lead to corruption over time. Applications gradually write over each other's libraries, partial upgrades occur, user and system errors happen, and minute changes may be unnoticeable and difficult to fix"