[erlang-questions] chained functions

Ladislav Lenart lenartlad@REDACTED
Wed Jan 25 11:59:50 CET 2012

Hello.

On 25.1.2012 08:53, Bengt Kleberg wrote:
> For things like this (seq/2 below) there is also lists:foldl/3 and
> lists:foldr/3

But they're not the same. seq/2 supports early termination
(see its last clause) whereas lists:foldl/3 traverses all
elements in the list. Thus, you would still have to wrap a
call to lists:foldl/3 in an exception trapping code and use
throw(Result) in the fold fun to terminate prematuraly
(i.e. implement your seq2/2 using lists:foldl/3). I found
the original seq/2 (much) easier to understand. Or have I
miss anything?

Just my 2c,

Ladislav Lenart