[erlang-questions] chained functions

Gianfranco Alongi gianfranco.alongi@REDACTED
Tue Jan 24 22:24:31 CET 2012

What an error!
Should be:

If all your functions F_1 ... F_K have the type

 F(Input) ->  {ok,Result} | {error,Reason}

then I would probably write a small sequencer as

seq(X,[]) ->
   X;
seq({ok,Result},[ F | T ]) ->
  seq(F(Res),T);
seq({error,Reason},_) ->
  {error,Reason}.

And call it like

seq({ok,Initial},[ fun F_1, ..., fun F_K ])

/G

(And that's why you don't write your emails in a haste before bed!!!)