[erlang-questions] Push/Pull messaging using CosEvent

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Sun Jan 22 20:16:13 CET 2012

You might like CloudI (http://cloudi.org).  Within CloudI, a channel is a service name that services subscribe or unsubscribe.  The messaging is for any data (no formatting or schema imposed), while binary data is used when messaging external (written in C/C++, Java, Python, or Ruby) services.  The messages are not meant to be persistent (that is what a database is for) so they include a timeout, a priority, and a uuid for tracking (transId).  With service replication and context-dependent error handling, there should be no need for persistent messaging.  The main messaging functions within the CloudI API are: send_async, send_sync, mcast_async, recv_async, return, and forward.