[erlang-questions] Ability to add app directories explicitly for reltool

Dmitry Demeshchuk demeshchuk@REDACTED
Mon Jan 16 12:14:37 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Siri Hansen <erlangsiri@REDACTED> wrote:
> Ok, I get it :) We need a way to specify one explicit directory for an
> application!! Possible syntax:
>
> 1) On sys level: {explicit_app_dirs, [App1Dir]}
> or
> 2) On app level: {app,App1Name,[{incl_cond,include},{lib_dir,App1Dir}]}
>
> Any preference?? (I think I like the latter - but is there any reason not to
> have this on app level?)

Yes, the second one seems more solid. After all, what we really care
about is applications list, not directories list.

> Maybe also let reltool search for multiple App1Dirs that are suffixed with
> -Vsn (if basename(App1Dir)=:=App1Name) - and pick the latest??

Nice idea. In that case I'd go further and parse app versions out of
the .app files and don't bind to the directory names. Also, maybe it's
good to silently ignore applications with same versions and just add a
single instance.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Demeshchuk