[erlang-questions] Problem with Rescheduling Interrupts

Alexander Kuleshov kuleshovmail@REDACTED
Sat Jan 14 18:46:29 CET 2012

2012/1/14 Dmitry Kolesnikov <dmkolesnikov@REDACTED>

> Hi,
>
> Look like a side effect caused by NIC drivers.
> Just curious, have you done any kernel level optimisation?
> BTW, what os, NIC, kernel and erlang config we are talking about?
>

> - Dmitry
>

> On 14.1.2012, at 11.07, Max Bourinov <bourinov@REDACTED> wrote:
>
> Hi Erlangers,
>
> I have Erlang OTP application that heavily utilizes exmpp. When I run it
> under the load I see very strage system behavior in munin (this is system
> monitoring tool).
>
> The graph I see is the following:
> http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/259/irqstats.png
>
> At the same time CPU and memory consumption grows too, but this is
> expected behavior. Does anybody had similar issue? What coud be the reason?
>
> Best regards,
> Max

Hello Dmitry,

I work with Max and try to answer on your questions. We use Linux ubuntu
3.0.0-12-server  x86_64 operation system and erlang R14B02 (erts-5.8.3).
Now we made only kernel tuning (
http://www.metabrew.com/article/a-million-user-comet-application-with-mochiweb-part-1)
.

Thank you.