[erlang-questions] Regd: Erlang

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Wed Jan 11 21:50:52 CET 2012

On 11 January 2012 04:27, Maxim Treskin <zerthurd@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hello
>
> You definitely should use Kerl: https://github.com/spawngrid/kerl
> It is best and easiest way to install Erlang/OTP on your machine.

Kerl is very nice, but if you can't install from the erlang.org tarballs
using "./configure && make && make install" then you'll need to set up the
KERL_CONFIGURE_OPTIONS environment variable with the right arguments to
give to the configure script, which IIRC is the basic problem that the OP
has been struggling with. If Wes' steps on Ubuntu 11 were on a 64 bit
machine then hopefully using apt/aptitude to install the required packages
before running kerl will sort things out, but I suspect kerl doesn't use
otp_build and I'm not sure what the differences are between that and doing
a straight build of the download (if any).