[erlang-questions] OTP-9649 and further changes

Yurii Rashkovskii yrashk@REDACTED
Tue Jan 10 17:19:09 CET 2012

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody (especially from the OTP team) can shed
some light on the following subject.

In R15 we've got this:

OTP-9649  Tuple funs (a two-element tuple with a module name and a
	      function) are now officially deprecated and will be removed
	      in R16. Use 'fun M:F/A' instead. To make you aware that your
	      system uses tuple funs, the very first time a tuple fun is
	      applied, a warning will be sent to the error logger.

Which is fine.

But I was wondering if there's any word out about the fate of tuple
modules? The ones like {erlang}:element(1). Are they expected to be
kept around? (I certainly hope they are :)

Thanks,
Yurii.