[erlang-questions] "detached VM" vs "VM under screen"

Mon Jan 9 23:34:42 CET 2012

On 1/6/12 3:06 PM, Gianfranco Alongi wrote:
> My reasoning (without any investigation) was that since screen keeps
> the output  (so you can scroll back in the buffer),
> this would give some kind of performance penalty in relation to a
> detached mode on a high output scenario.

It only keeps a partial buffer, and by default it is limited to 100
lines per terminal you open in screen. So this is not that much of a
problem. I tend to use the same method as Fred though: attach another
node to the system and spawn a shell remotely.

--
Jesper Louis Andersen
   Erlang Solutions Ltd., Copenhagen, DK