[erlang-questions] "detached VM" vs "VM under screen"

Rapsey rapsey@REDACTED
Sat Jan 7 17:18:09 CET 2012

This is our upstart script. It runs dtach with one listener which is used
to log output of the app:

start on filesystem and net-device-up
stop on runlevel [06]

env HOME=/home/ubuntu
respawn
console output

script
exec start-stop-daemon --name ourappname --start --chuid nobody --exec
/usr/bin/dtach -- -c /tmp/erl /usr/local/bin/ourapp > /var/log/ourapp.log
end script

/usr/local/bin/ourapp is just a normal script that runs erlang with -eval
"application:start(ourapp,permanent)"

To attach to erlang just write: dtach -a /tmp/erl

Sergej