[erlang-questions] "detached VM" vs "VM under screen"

Zabrane Mickael zabrane3@REDACTED
Fri Jan 6 19:43:07 CET 2012

Thanks for your feedacks Garrett,

On Jan 6, 2012, at 7:32 PM, Garrett Smith wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Garrett Smith <g@REDACTED> wrote:
>
>> It does feel a bit weird to me running a long running process in a
>> shell multiplexer. That seems fine for a dev/test environment, but not
>> for production. That said, I don't really see anything really wrong
>> with it.
>
> I take that last part back!
>
> The screen approach complicates the Erlang process startup on server
> boot and probably doesn't work with heart.

While speaking about "heart", it seems that's not handling "releases restart" correctly.
I've posted a question a couple of days ago, no response:
http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2011-December/063525.html

Should I avoid using heart with my release?

Regards,
Zabrane