[erlang-questions] Regd: Erlang

preeti sp <>
Fri Jan 6 19:02:14 CET 2012

I actually followed the exact steps illustrated in the link you shared below (GNU/LINUX) on ubuntu.

But, when I executed below command, I got a message saying corresponding libraries not found to install. Since those libraries did not install well, erlang installation also showed an error at the end saying - curses library not found. So, rabbitmq installation failed!

What i need is proper detailed commands to install below libraries on ubuntu x86-64 machine configuration!

sudo apt-get install build-essential libncurses5-dev openssl libssl-dev
--- On Fri, 1/6/12, Tim Watson <> wrote:

From: Tim Watson <>
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] Regd: Erlang
To: "preeti sp" <>
Date: Friday, January 6, 2012, 4:25 AM

And reading http://wiki.basho.com/Installing-Erlang.html might help too.

On 6 January 2012 12:24, Tim Watson <> wrote:

Have you tried installing from sources? It sounds like perhaps the ./configure script needs to know --with-curses (or whatever the actual switch is to point to the ncurses you've installed) and/or the architecture you're installing for one isn't compatible with the other.

If you want detailed assistance, please provide a bit more information about *how* you're trying to install and what is going wrong (like error messages etc).
Also, what version of Ubuntu are you using and do you have the build-essential packages installed?