[erlang-questions] Dialyzer, Callback info about the behaviour is not available

Magnus Klaar magnus.klaar@REDACTED
Thu Jan 5 22:08:43 CET 2012

Hi!

We created a development branch for adding this information to this, and
other behaviors and came to the same conclusion, we'd have to drop R14
support, something which we cannot do when we know that there are users who
still haven't upgraded their production environments to R15. It was a
rather negative surprise to see the build fail after having put great care
into making sure the -callback specifications were accurate. ;)

Since we're on the subject, is there currently a good way to add
specifications for optional callback functions? I noticed that there is no
specification for the format_status/2 callback in the gen_* behaviors.
We're interested in this for our REST resources. The basho guys have a
great description of this type of interface at
http://wiki.basho.com/Webmachine-Resource.html . The main point is "There
are over 30 resource functions you can define, but any of them can be
omitted as they have reasonable defaults.".

MVH Magnus