[erlang-questions] what is the -F switch on to_erl for?

Sverker Eriksson sverker@REDACTED
Tue Jan 3 11:51:29 CET 2012

Matthias Lang wrote:
> Short:
>
>    does anyone know what the -F switch on 'to_erl' is actually for?

I think -F was added together with the default restriction that only one
to_erl could connect at a time.

I don't remember if anyone actually asked for it, or if we added -F just
in case someone was using the weird "multi-connect" feature.

>    The whole 'Embedded' section of the manual looks very old, i.e.
>
>       http://www.erlang.org/doc/embedded/embedded_solaris.html
>
>    talks about systems with 64 M of RAM and refers to Solaris 2.5.1
>    (from 1996!!). Same problem for Windows NT and VxWorks.
>
>    If I submit a documentation patch which deletes the whole section,
>    will anyone be upset?

Sounds like a good idea.

/Sverker, Erlang/OTP Ericsson