[erlang-questions] Sending term vs binary

dmitry kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Tue Feb 28 15:28:03 CET 2012

Hello,

I've been experimenting and binary wins due to references, like you
mentioned. However, it was not efficient to serialize/desirialize it
slows down the processing, you also looses ability to match terms if
pure binary is used. The best way is to re-design an application to
keep small messages. Most probably only small portion out of 500KB
needs to be passed among processes, rest of payload can stay in
binary.

Best Regards,
Dmitry >-|-|-*>