[erlang-questions] Why are messages between processes copied?

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Wed Feb 22 23:32:03 CET 2012

Hello,

It makes garbage collection much easier and more predictable as the
heaps of each process then can be completely isolated. There have been
attempts to make a hybrid heap which would allows non copy message
passing, but afaik the attempts have been abandoned.

Lukas