[erlang-questions] iBrowse Cookie Support

Anthony Molinaro <>
Mon Feb 20 00:21:41 CET 2012

Hmm, I'm not seeing this.  If I run

% nc -l 8081

in one terminal, then start erl and ibrowse

% erl
Erlang R14B04 (erts-5.8.5) [source] [64-bit] [smp:2:2] [rq:2] [async-threads:0]
[hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.8.5  (abort with ^G)
1> application:start(ibrowse).
2> ibrowse:send_req ("http://localhost:8081/",[{cookie,"SESSIONID=XXXXXX"}],get).

I see the following in the first terminal

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost:8081

Are you attempting to pass [{cookie, "SESSIONID=XXXXXX"}] as the 5th argument
in ibrowse:send_req/5?  Because those options are ibrowse options, not http
headers.  The headers are the second argument of either form.

PS. this was ibrowse 3.0.2 BTW